Hi there! I’m so glad you visited my comfy corner of the internet. Pull up a seat and join me in my blogging journey.
Here’s a few facts about me.
- My name is Savanna, which came from an Arnott’s biscuit in the late 70s; my parents fell in love with the name, they thought it was pretty. The biscuits didn’t stay around long, but I’ve been told they were chocolate covered. Maybe that’s why I like chocolate so much now.
- I was born in the Chinese year of the Dragon and have had an affinity for them all my life.
- My star sign of Aquarius led me to embracing having different ideas of fashion to others through my teen years, and is still probably the case.
- I’m an intelligent introvert (or so one of those Facebook quizzes says). Crowds are my worst enemy.
- I’ve had a few nicknames through my life including Savage Sao, Bright Eyes and Sav. Sparkly Bright Eyes is a combination of a nickname and my typical optimistic view on life…trying to see the bright side of life all the time (well as much as possible).
- I’m a mum of 2 girls – a teen and a toddler. So I get the teenage angst along with the toddler wanting independence (and climbing tables to prove it).
- Married to a crazy guy, Steve, who likes Rugby League, steam trains and playing the bagpipes a little too much! He does look pretty good in a kilt though, and has an annoying trend of being able to make me laugh, even when I’m determined not to.
- I have been a primary teacher for 20 years. I have been labelled as a typical kindergarten teacher.
- I’ve had Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis since 2005. Something you wouldn’t be able to see unless you saw me during a relapse, or a hot day when the heat gets to me. It has made me more focused on celebrating the good in every little moment, not saving things for special occasions that never arrive.
- I love social media and technology, and learning new ways to use it in education and business!
- I am able to smudge new nail polish within 30 seconds of applying! Yes! It’s true! That’s part of the reason why I enjoyed finding Jamberry wraps and became an Independent Consultant. I could finally have pretty nails that lasted longer than a day.
- I’ve been a science fiction/fantasy fan for oh so many years! I blame my parent’s bookshelf that housed so many Asimov and early sci-fi series. Anything from dragons to time travelling.
- I recently got into an obsession with pretty owls! The toddler’s room is covered in them! And I keep finding pieces all around that I must have as they have owls. Owls are just cool! Like bow ties 😉